Monday, June 11, 2007

Farewell, Sweet Suzanne



(This beautiful tribute card came from everykitty's wonderful furriend, Daisy.)

"We Have A Secret"

We have a secret, you and I
that no one else shall know,
for who but I can see you lie
each night in fire glow?
And who but I can reach my hand
before we go to bed
and feel the living warmth of you
and touch your silken head?
And only I walk woodland paths
and see ahead of me,
your small form racing with the wind
so young again, and free.
And only I can see you swim
in every brook I pass
and when I call, no one but I
can see the bending grass.

Author Unknown

6 comments:

Forty Paws said...

That's a lovely poem. We haven't seen that one before. We're going to miss sweet Suzanne so much.

Luf, Us

Anonymous said...

Hi My Sweet Mao,

I'm so sad about Suzanne.This poem is so very beautiful and is a lovely
tribute.I'm sending you a big (Hug)...Love and kisses your Ariel

Ali & Fiona said...

That is so sweet, so much crying has been done today, but it's not in vain.

Love,
Fiona & Ali

Parker said...

That was lovely. Leaky eyes today.

Karen Jo said...

That is a really beautiful post for Suzanne. I love the poem and the tribute card. Daisy is very talented.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

You both picked a hauntingly beautiful poem for my sweet sister Suz. Thank kyou for loving her so and being such a support to us all in our grief.
Your loving new sister Miss Peach