Since my buddy Jeter Harris had Whitemancat Wednesday about his brother Mickey Mantle, I thought I'd have a Loveydovey Girlcat Wednesday about my sister, Marilyn MonREOW.
As lots of youkitties know, Mickey and Marilyn are head over heels for each other. I think they make a great couple, don't you? Here's the picture Marilyn wanted me to post for Mickey today. She calls it it her Come Hither Look. I don't know exactly what that means, but anyhow.
And if you biggify the picture, you can get a better looksee.
Here's some things you might not know about Marilyn MonREOW:
1. Well, duh, I'm sure you've guessed this one -- she was named after Marilyn Monroe.
I kinda see a resemblance, don't you? Except I don't think the bean Marilyn had one blue eye and one gold eye...
2. Marilyn showed up at Momma and Daddy's as a stray kitty outta the blue, just last year. They were taken with her sweetness and her beauty, and after they made sure she didn't have no other beans anywheres else, they brought her in and made her a housekitty.
3. Marilyn's a superduper lapcat. Momma calls her a lap fungus. She cuddles with Momma and Daddy a lot, especially with Momma 'cause Momma's a writer and spends lots of time sittin' in front of the 'puter. So Marilyn sees what Momma likes to read and write, and because of that, she's gotten really into poetry and booky stuff.
4. Marilyn's a kissyface. She loves to kissy, kissy, kissy. Beans, anyway. She mostly keeps her distance from Brainball and Dorydoo, but she likes me pretty good and we two play chase, and sometimes we even play pawsies under the doors. And I know she'd kiss Mickey Mantle. She swoons at the very idea.
5. Marilyn's half-deaf, on her blue-eyed side. That means she startles kind of easy, but other than that she isn't a high-strung kitty at all. She's laid back and easygoing.
6. Continued from #5 -- Marilyn doesn' t have a shy bone in her body, and when beans come over to visit Momma and Daddy, she's the first of us Ballicai to check 'em out. Usually she winds up rubbin' all over 'em, purrin' like a chainsaw, and wanting to cuddle in their laps.
7. Momma keeps a picture up of her and Marilyn on her writing bloggie, in the "About Me" section.
8. Marilyn loves bras. She loves to rub all over 'em and play with 'em and wrestle with 'em, and sometimes she rabbit-kicks 'em.
9. Marilyn loves all kinds of food, but she especially loves stinky goodness. Because she's half-deaf, she either doesn't talk much at all or she talks really, really LOUD. For Marilyn, there ain't no in-between. And when Momma breaks out the stinky goodness, Marilyn really, really gets to talkin'! Of course, I do, too. .. I'm a Meezer, and I talk all the time. And Dorydoo starts squeakin' (she don't meow, she squeaks), and Brainball sometimes says stuff, too. When it's Stinky Goodness Time, Momma calls us the Ballicus Tabernacle Choir.
10. Marilyn's kinda petite and curvy at the same time -- she's small-framed, has itty bitty paws, and weighs 10 pounds. She has medium-length hair -- not short hair like me and Dorydoo and not long hair like Brainball, but in-between. She loves to be brushed, which is good 'cause she sheds a LOT. And her fur's really silky. Momma calls her a Powderpuff Cottonball Cat.
11. Marilyn's an incredible jumper. She and Dorydoo are both what Momma calls Arboreal Kitties. Dorydoo's the best jumper, but Marilyn's darned close, and she can get anyplace she wants to go, like way up on top of the stereo receiver or on top of the fridge.
12. When Marilyn ain't cuddlin' in laps, she likes to snooze on soft squishy places. She especially likes clean laundry, the body pillow on the bed, or Momma's fuzzy yellow jellybean thingie she keeps in her chair.
Even if Marilyn is really, really girly, she's a superduper sister, and I'm right proud of her.